Version 3.1 of Beyond FTP includes the following new capabilities:
General Program Enhancements
• The Beyond FTP Program no longer includes any script edit or status functions. It is basically used to manage the address book and its associated configuration, and to perform ad hoc transfers and actions.
• The Beyond FTP system tray now informs you of hot fixes, service packs, and new releases.
The status of running and completed scripts is now managed and displayed in the Script Status Program. All script status functions have been removed from the Beyond FTP program. Results for each script are displayed in separate windows. The source lines of the script are color-coded and associated with their actions.
• Script results are now automatically refreshed in the background. The current status is always available. There is no longer the need to engage auto-refresh for local scripts.
• The actions and events associated with the script are displayed with the script source code. This makes the results far more understandable.
Script Language Enhancements
• The Server_List command now provides for the loading of server lists directly from the address book. This allows fully dynamic server lists based directly on the contents of the address book.
• The Wait_For_Completion command now implements a delay option that stops the script for the number of specified seconds.
• The Next command forces a while loop to process the next iteration.
• Two predefined variables have been added to give you control over the error value that is returned on script completion, and access to the name of the script that is running.