Beyond FTP can be easily moved to a new computer. Certain configuration items are moved with the installation. Others are not.
1. Install Beyond FTP on the new machine. This establishes the presence of the application.
2. Copy the Beyond FTP directory and sub-directories from the original machine to the new machine. Overwrite all duplicate files. This moves all address, security, and script information.
3. Run the Beyond FTP install once more. It will recognize this as a repair situation. If you are changing serial numbers, be sure to check the appropriate box if it is presented.
4. If you wish to move Encryption Keys, run the Regedit program on the original machine.
5. Open the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\APTInc\Beyond FTP.
6. Select the sub-key Server Options. Select File/Export... and export the information into a .reg file.
7. Copy this file to the new machine, run Regedit and choose File/Import...
8. If you wish to move your drive mappings, run the Regedit program on the original machine.
9. Open the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APTService.
10. Select the sub-key Network. Select File/Export... and export the information into a .reg file.
11. Copy this file to the new machine, run Regedit and choose File/Import...